Contact me HERE if you have any questions


Friday, September 6, 2019

Keeping the momentum going......

Progress continues. I have very limited time, so I tend to work on it when I get a chance vs updating this webpage. I do typically post on Instagram somewhat often due to the ease of doing so. So if you follow me there (Dozerbuilder), you'll see slightly more frequent updates.

I'll update the build index once it's completely done and I have more time. 

I've got some good momentum now. I hope it continues...….

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Got Some Real Progress Now

I'm at about 75%-80% on the design now. I'd like to get to around 90% with the rest figured out while building (hose routing, controls etc). Things I don't feel like spending the time to model.

Most of the cad work left to do is on the front end. So I decided to start building the axle. Before I tabled this project some time ago, I was trying to use a GM 14 bolt and a 10 bolt from an S10. I'll create a detailed page once it's done but for now, here's some of the progress. Feels good to be making parts again.

I've also started collecting parts to keep the motivation going.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Rotary Weld Positoner High Torque Upgrade

Although I've had no problem with the somewhat limited amount of torque on my weld positioner, I've had a few users try welding very large pipe sections on theirs without much luck. From the pictures they've sent me, they were trying to weld four 6" (schedule 40?) Tee sections that were all facing the same way. The piece was about as big as the pallet it was laying on. I've been very clear about the lack of torque (which isn't needed when welding round or balanced parts) but I didn't want to give up on helping these guys out. So I tested a stepper motor with a gear reduction box attached to it. See the video for more information on this. Although I have not done extensive testing on this setup, I will update the plans soon to include information about this upgrade.

Friday, January 11, 2019

Disassembly Time

I paid around $700 for that mower. And it yielded a lot of good parts.
  • 3 cylinder Kubota diesel engine with all of the accessories.
  • Hydraulic steering valve, cylinder and wheel.
  • 3 section hydraulic pump 
  • Drive and control valve (that will be used for the dump bed) 
  • Hydraulic drive motors 
All I should need to finish out the hydraulics is the lift cylinders and the rotary flow divider. Hoses and fittings as well. Which will probably end up costing more than the whole mower actually. 

I'll also be using different wheel motors for two reasons that will be explained later on.